Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Snapshot of Sevilla

A long overdue post, I know. However, my host family's internet connection is not always the most advanced, which has resulted in a lot of nights of Micki and I pacing around our tiny room because we can't access our Spanish/English databases (and probably more frequently, episodes of Project Runway and Jersey Shore. Don't judge).

Last weekend, I went to Sevilla with Micki and our friend OJ who has come to visit us in Spain for two weeks. I tried to upload more pictures, but as per usual, these were the only ones that seem to work for now. I will, rest assured, upload more as I am able. 

Sevilla is stunning. I have not seen anything more beautiful than the cathedral (the largest Gothic cathedral in the world) illuminated at night. 



 There's lots of really cool mosaics and tilework around the city. This one was (obviously) my favorite. I love a good memento mori.


 Sadly, I can't upload a photo of the three of us right now, but here's one with Micki and me. Please note the DOUBLE ankle brace contraption. Cute. Also, we may be too far away to tell, but Micki and I were both struck with a horrible cold. I remember wanting to crawl into my hostel bed and die during this picture; luckily we were able to rally with some superstrength medicine from one of Spain's ubiquitous farmacías.

The cathedral. It is overwhelmingly huge. 






Columbus' tomb. He must have been a short man because it is a small coffin. It was all I could do to contain myself in this corner of the cathedral, but I did not cause a scene.



Again, I am so sorry about the rest of the pictures- I will try to get them up soon.

Tonight, my friends have orchestrated a "Family Dinner" with most of the kids of our ILACA program at a Mexican restaurant in town. I am beside myself at the prospect of guacamole. Spanish food is great, but there is nothing I would not do for some frijoles and fajitas. 


1 comment:

  1. Hola! that picture from inside the cathedral is incredible - looks to be way taller than Notre Dame. Hard to believe one can still be INSIDE, and have it still be so tall! Great shot. Hope you and Micki are feeling better - please tell OJ to have a safe journey home from Madrid on Sunday.
    Con carino, mama xoxo

    ReplyDelete